top of page

The 'Agents Rep' certificate
CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice

For many roles in Real Estate/Property in the state of Victoria, there is a legal educational requirement, namely your Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice - also known as the Agents Representative (Agents Rep) certificate.

(minimum legal requirement for many property roles in Victoria)

What can I do as an Agents Rep?

As an Agents Representative - or Agents Rep for short - you can work for a Licensed Real Estate agent, working in roles such as Property Management, Sales, Business Brokering and Buyers Advocacy.

How long will it take to complete?

How long is a piece of string?  It depends on your capacity to fit the study in.  

We know some who have completed the course in a few weeks when committing to it full time. Others have taken 8-12 months, doing it part time. 

It will come down to the time you can devote to getting the 18 assessments completed.

What is the Cert 4 / Agents Rep Certificate?

As of September 2021, the CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice superseded  the 'Agents Representative certificate'.

It is made up of 18 units, being 5 core and 13 elective units.

How much does it cost? 

Once again it will pay to look around as there are are a wide ranges of course fees out there.

From our research (May 2024) we have seen the costs range from $295

through to over $4,000.

Where can I do
the training?

There are MANY registered training organisations (RTO's) who offer training for this certificate.

To name a couple:

The Real Estate Institute of Victoria


Entry Education

If you Google 'Agents Rep Melbourne',  you will find loads of options​!

Can I work in real estate without this certificate?

There are many roles in real estate in Victoria that do not require you to hold a Cert 4 in Real Estate Practice. 

These include Reception, Admin, Accounts  and Owners Corp.

However, for roles like Leasing, Property Management and Sales - it is a legal requirement to hold a current 

Certificate 4 in Real Estate.

bottom of page